I am seriously blessed to have a bunch of folks helping me. What started out as a passion project turned into something that PROVIDES a life for folks.
David Humphries – Head Fly Flinger😎
Howdy and Tight Lines! So, who am I? I’d love to say a confused youth….but when you’re in your late 50’s I suppose I’m over qualified. I’m blessed to have an incredible wife and three adult kids. I started my fly fishing journey late in life, I think I was 28. It wasn’t a “past down” tradition for me so I learned the hard way….trip after trip of getting skunked.
Eventually, I got a fly fishing guide from a FFI conservation auction. In a single day I learned more than a couple years of floundering.
- I write many of the articles here at Guide Recommended, I edit all of them.
- I make videos on my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/GuideRecommended/videos.
- I own a small online store selling fly boxes called – River Traditions.
- I’ve had booths at Fly Fishing Shows across the USA. With the Fly Fishing Show, Midwest Fly Fishing Show and Greater Cincinnati Fly Show
- I’ve designed and sold thousands of fly boxes.
- I’ve designed fly rods, fly reels and fly lines/leaders/tippets.
- Heck, I’ve even created an online fly fishing course called How 2 Fly Fish.
If you’re reading this, I want to say thanks! I love this stuff and I’m hoping, I’m helping you learn this amazing activity.
If you’re looking to get a hold of me, email is best. I try to respond to all the positive folks, sorry to the folks that don’t see the joy in life. Contact
Danny Mooers is a high school English teacher in Arizona with a love for fly fishing. Growing up in Minnesota gave him the opportunity to experience all types of fishing and grow his skills. After living out in the Western United States for several summers in college, his fly fishing obsession grew. Having the opportunity to share in his passion for fishing through writing is a dream come true. It’s a lifelong hobby and he strives to make it understandable for people of all skill levels
Fly fishing has been my passion and pursuit for the past 20 years. I am a South African based fly fisherman who loves nothing more than spending a day on the water. Fly fishing is more than catching fish, being in the outdoors with good friends and family is what it is all about.
Learn more about Kyle at INSTAGRAM @kyleknight00 and @skoutsupply.
Spencer Durrant is a fly fishing writer, guide, bamboo rod builder, and novelist from Utah. He’s the News Editor for MidCurrent, and a regular contributor to Hatch Magazine. Spencer has also written a book Learning to Fly. Connect with him on Instagram/Twitter, @Spencer_Durrant.